Did Sen. Tom Coburn yesterday actually utter the following phrase yesterday at Nominee Sotomayor?
You’ll have lots of ‘splainin’ to do.
If there were an African-American seated in front of him, would Coburn have been justified in going all Kingfish on him or her? “Well, hello deah, Associate Justice Nominee! How you be doin’?”
And, if he did, would that be okay?
Meanwhile: Floating around in Leftblogistan:
- Klobuchar’s Contribution: A Senator Listens to Sotomayor (The Nation)
- Sarah Palin Called a Family Meeting and the Rabbit Lived (Margaret and Helen)
- The GOP's got some 'splainin' to do on race (Joan Walsh, Salon.com)
- Quit Happens: Sarah Palin's Constitutional Train Wreck (Just A Girl From Homer)
- I Had the Strangest Dream About Annette Funicello (Zaius Nation)